Sunday, August 16, 2009

Races as Training Runs

While XMP has been kicking my butt the past few weeks, I've been using some of the club races as training runs. This has given me the opportunity to come and socialize with everyone and get a nice run in, without killing my already mostly-dead legs.

Just a couple of highlights:

Going Green Track Meet - socialized with Mark, Ken and Sarah while all of the really fast runners made their way around the track. In the fourth heat, I ran 2-mile right under my long-run training pace. A nice warm-up for the next day's 20-miler, I had a great time running with Sarah and I got to loosen up my legs!

Comus Run XC 5K - met up with Mark, Caren and Sarah and chatted until the race started. Sarah and I run/walked a nice, steady 13-mile/mile pace over the hills and through the woods, and kept Mark and Caren in sight the whole time. The ice cream truck at the end of the race was a nice perk! Here's a picture of Sarah and I coming around towards the finish:

Photo courtesy of MCRRC Photos


No comments: