Before I left for my 10 days off from lab, I had NOTHING working in lab. It seemed like even simple, everyday routine stuff just wouldn't work for me. And it was frustrating. Vacation could not have come at a better time!
I get back from vacation, and during my first day in lab, I'm thinking "Oh God, here we go again...", but much to my surprise, experiments are working again! Yay! I had a great lab week this week, which was totally and completely unexpected after a month of metaphorical beating my head against the wall.
Bottom line: A week's vacation every 6 months or so is totally needed and completely productive. :)
1 comment:
I got back from MY vacation to find a hand-written thank you note from you for donating to your upcoming charity run. Thats the first time I have ever gotten a real thank you note for donating money! What a thoughtful thing to do! That was such a nice gesture and really made my day. :)
Bonnie
Post a Comment