Saturday, December 20, 2008

Jingle Bell Jog 8K

It takes a complete fool to go out for a 5 mile "race" the day after her first 15+ mile experience.  I was that complete fool on December 14th.  The race started at the Rockville Senior Center only about a mile and a half from home.  I met up with the usual suspects before the race - Mark, Christina, Emaad, Wayne, and had some nice conversations pre-race.  It's a beautiful day for a run - It's brisk and I'm wearing my magic tights, but there's not a cloud in the bright sunny sky.

I ran the race with Emaad and his neighbor, Pam.  We had a very pleasant run, chatting about all sorts of things, and despite being a little sore from the day before, I didn't feel all that bad considering the 15+ I ran the morning before.  The course was a lot hillier than I had thought previously, and both Pam and I were struggling on the hills towards the end, while speed-racer Emaad was charging the hills with no mercy! :)  We cruise in a
t a comfortable pace of 10:36 minutes/mile for a total time of 52:39.

Here's a picture from the race.  Somehow, I never manage to see the photographer! Emaad, though, is smiling for him :)
Check out all of the race results at: MCRRC Jingle Bell Jog 8K
 
The best part of the race ... Lots of chocolate muffins at the finish! 


2 comments:

Emaad Burki said...

CM..it was great running with you at Jingle Bells...you just get stronger and stronger!

Cara Marie said...

Thanks Emaad - and it was great running with you today! :)