Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Speedwork

Christmas day offered a great excuse to go out and do some track work with Emaad, especially since George gave me a brand new Garmin 305 for Christmas.  I just had to test it out :)

I met Emaad at the Quince Orchard High School track, and after a short warm-up, we decide to 5x400s with a 400 recovery in between.  All the while I'm playing with my new GPS, which is very cool :)  

Our splits for the 5x400s, descending in typical CM-style:
2:06  (8:24 min/mile pace)
1:57  (7:48 min/mile pace)
1:49  (7:16 min/mile pace)
1:43  (6:52 min/mile pace)
1:38  (6:32 min/mile pace)

Too bad neither of us lived up to the "Run Like a Girl" water bottle that Emaad was sporting :)


2 comments:

zhurnaly said...

ah, but you do run like a girl --- a fast girl! --- or rather, a grrrrl, given your attitude about pushing the envelope ... (^_^) ...

Cara Marie said...

Who me? I never push the envelope...

:P