Runners have the memories of 95-year olds.
It doesn't seem to matter what happens during a race, or how many times we say "Never again." We always come back for more. You can limp across a finish line, swear to high heaven that you'll never run that far or that race again, and then 2 weeks later you're preparing for the next one.
I know I do it. It usually takes me about a week to go from "Never again" to "Well, maybe next year, but no promises" to "Ok, when's the next one?" to "I'm training like crazy to get a PR at race X."
Is this a common thread among others?
3 comments:
FALSE ... most 95-year-olds have much better memories!
Hmmm...maybe I should revise that statement:
Runners have the memories of goldfish.
True or false?
:)
I don't get the goldfish connection... too high level
I don't relate to this "never again" thing. I have never really said that related to running then ever planned on repeating or repeated whatever it was.
Chris
Post a Comment