Saturday, July 4, 2009

My '09 Summer-Fall line-up

After reading Mark's post on his summer and fall line-up, I got inspired to actually plan out mine as well.  Please note that mine does NOT include 3 50K races, which in my opinion constitutes complete insanity!  :)

Here's what I've got on my radar:
  • Aug 7:  Go For Glory Track Meet (Gotta run it ... it's for points!)
  • Aug 9:  Leesburg 10K (Not racing it ... Pacing a friend)
  • Aug 15:  Comus Run XC 5K   (Running for the ice cream)
  • Aug 31:  Annapolis 10 miler  (Mike Broderick is making me)
  • Sept 13:  Parks Half Marathon (Please, no hot weather this year!)
  • Sept 19: Revenge of Penguins 20 mile  (T-shirt with penguins = priceless, and why not run a fully supported 20 miler for $20)
  • Oct 4:  Army 10 miler (Haven't decided yet ... I do have an entry!)
  • Oct 11: Little Bennett's XC 5K
  • Nov 1:  NYC Marathon  (That 4:00 mark is going down...)
  • Nov 7:  Candy Cane 5K (I might be limping, but I'm running it)
  • Nov 28:  NCT Marathon (My taper race - 3:40 anyone?)
My criteria for selection: Have fun, and satisfy the ultra-competitive part of me!

Any other suggestions, anyone? I love that I peer-pressured Mark into the NCT Marathon :)

What else is on your radar, guys?

5 comments:

zhurnaly said...

aggressive schedule, CM! --- I give you an 80% chance of injury --- and a 95% chance of having fun and doing great in spite of injury! (^_^)

Don't see any ultras on your list ... next year, for sure, eh?

Cara Marie said...

80% chance of injury ... I'll take those odds! :P

Alas, no ultras this year. Despite the peer pressure, JFK isn't for me this year.

I'm thinking about taking baby steps for next year and trying the Seneca Creek 50K before I decide whether I'm going to go down the path to the dark side ...

Cara Marie said...

PS ... Did Mr. "I'm running 3 50Ks this fall" just call my schedule aggressive?

A bit of the pot calling the kettle black, eh?

runnerbabe24 said...

I don't think she will get injured-- she is actually training!

Cara Marie said...

Finally! Thank you Christina :)