Sunday, June 14, 2009

Gaithersburg XC 5K

The Gaithesburg XC 5K was a really fun event.  A lot of us came out and we got to have some quality "chat time" at the agricultural park before the run.  I started chatting with Caren and Sarah about 20 minutes before the run, and then just about 10 minutes before the start, Ken, Emaad, Wayne and Christina showed up!  We got to talk for a few minutes, and then we were off.

Folks, I proved once and for-all that I can be light and fluffy.  Contrary to popular belief, I did not shred my inner teddy bear this spring at Cherry Blossom or at Frederick.  She survived!!  Emaad and I did this run at a nice run/walk race.  We ran the downhills and the flats, and walked all the uphills and had a good ol' time doing it.  And we smiled for all the photographers.  All in all, a really fun race, great socializing, and a great way to end the work week!  Nice running everyone! 

Like I've said before, it's always nice to have a photo where you don't look like you're going to die or kill someone.  This race had a bunch of those photos!  Here's a picture of Emaad and I somewhere around mid-run:




No comments: