Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mudslide!

One word for Saturday's Difficult Run XC - Mudslide!!

I have a little runner's math problem for everyone.  It's a really simple system of equations, and it's really easy to solve (especially when I solve it for you!):

Pouring down rain + trail running = mud 

mud + really big hill = mud up to the ankles

mud up to the ankles = FUN!

Therefore:

Pouring down rain + trail running + really big hill = FUN!

See how easy that was? :P

And here is a picture of me from the race, desperately trying to NOT fall down the hill at the end (which I must say I conquered in a not so graceful fashion!):


Hmm... I must have thought that tree was a little bit closer! :)



3 comments:

Ken S. said...

If you can get down that hill, you can negotiate the Weverton Cliffs switchbacks at JFK. Registration opens July 1.

Cara Marie said...

I know, I know ... I'm seriously thinking about it!!

Cara Marie said...

PS - That little hill is NOTHING like the switchbacks. But I've done them once, and I can do them again :)