I'm the MCRRC Team coordinator, and while I can be crazy organized (despite my National Marathon disaster) and can put teams together, I have the creativity of a dishtowel. And so I suck at making up team names. With team running season in full swing, I need to get on my "team naming" game. And so I'm asking for everyone's help!
What would be some good categories that I could use to spin off some good team names?
Ken wants to be part of Team "Pink Fairy Armadillos", which I want to call Team PFA. Are there other acronyms that can double as funny running team names?
I did Greek gods already ...
I'm out of ideas! HELP!! Come on, all of you people with creativity! Please post some ideas as comments to this blog post.
8 comments:
Here are a few--just off the top of my head
How about using precious metals or jewels
MCRRC 14K gold ...
Tarnished Brass
Polished Silver
Ruby Runners
Colors (blue themed or not)
Royal Blue Runners
Crimson Racers
Slightly Gray
Song titles or music types
MCRRC Sings the blues
MCRRC Born to Run
MCRRC Right on key
Baseball/Sports
MCRRC Home Runners
MCRRC Hooplas
MCRRC
Trail running names
Dirt Dogs/Trail hounds
Ground shakers
Stream Chasers
Trailblazers
Rock scalers
MCRRC Face Planters
Birds
Soaring Eagles
Fluttering femmes
Vivacious Vultures
Crazy crows
Fanatic finches
Date names (based on season of race)
February femmes
November novices
March maniacs
Time of Day
Noon nuts
Early-risers
Late Bloomers
Midnight masters
ETC--
Christina
Christina, you are fantastic. Thank you!! :)
MCRRC Face Planters
is my favorite--- LOL
CM, you could also try to select some names/themes which have initials to spell chat abbreviations --- e.g., "MCRRC Orange Mnngo Grapefruits", "MCRRC Libyan Olive Liqueurs", "MCRRC Bull Run Battlers", whatever! (^_^)
OR--maybe you can use names of particular foods that "z" eats
aka
The Hot and Sours
Pretzel Minute Men
Salted Potato Pacers
Pizza Plodders
Ice (S)Creamers
LOL--
C
Wow, I'm so glad I have creative friends. Christina - you're awesome!
Mark, i'm not sure anyone would get your team names, haha.
Think of lists that contain sets of related names. You could have 'guess the theme' contests. The more obscure the list the more challenging the contest. Here are some lists, both obscure and obvious:
- noble gasses
- proteins (Duh, CM, that should be a no brainer for you)
- explosives (TNT, dynamite, C4, etc.
- the Twelve Caesars from Suetonius(Team Caligula is not one to mess with)
- Greek and Roman gods (provides both male and female team names)
- Nobel prize winners, either by category or by year
- armadillo species (including my favorite, Pink Fairy Armadillo)
- nations that no longer exist (Soviet Union, Yugoslavia, etc.)
- cigarette brands (Viceroys, Camels, Salems)
- extinct brands of soda (e.g., Moxie)
- extinct animals (dodos, passenger pigeons)
- and a dangerous category for naming. I'll leave it to you to 'name the category:' (bonkers, boinkers, shaggers, friskies)
Oh, and don't forget the Brady Bunch, including Team Marcia, Marcia, Marcia. The beauty of the Brady Bunch is that you have ready-made male and female team names!
Thanks Ken!! That's quite a list (and an awesome one at that!)
You're right ... I should have thoughts of proteins, haha.
Now that you've got me thinkin' (about noble gasses), team names from elements could be fun. I could create all sorts of funky things!
Post a Comment