Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just like riding a bike

So I did something last week that I haven't done in a year and a half.  I went swimming!!

Since I tore my rotator cuff and stopped swimming, I really haven't had the urge to swim.  And I decided that I shouldn't force myself to swim if I really didn't want to.  But last week, I woke up one morning and was lacing up for a run, and thought,  "I really want to go swim today."   So later that week, I went and swam.  Granted, I felt like an out-of-shape blob of jello in the water.  It really only takes about a week out of the water to lose your "feel of the water" and I've been out for 1 1/2 years now.  So my feel of the water has been completely obliterated, and I don't think I'll get that back for many months, but despite that, I had an awesome swim, and it felt good to be back in the water.  I'm amazed that I was still pretty fast (thank you, running!), and I guess swimming is just like riding a bike.  Very hard to forget!

Not to mention, my favorite swim suit turned some eyes at the community pool.  It's a black suit with yellow caution tape all over it, haha.  I wish I had a picture to post right now!


3 comments:

zhurnaly said...

sounds like you did splendidly, CM! --- congrats --- and meanwhile, best of luck in the Cherry Blossom 10 miler this weekend (^_^) ... ^z

Cara Marie said...

Thanks Mark! It was fun to get back in the water! :)

Cara Marie said...

And Cherry Blossom is going down tomorrow ...