Sunday, March 15, 2009

Post-orals bliss

Here I am, now 4 days after taking my orals.  It's actually true what they say on the back of the t-shirt (my lab makes "Team Protein" t-shirts every year) and last year our shirt had a "Graduate School stress units" shirt.  Stress level is plummeting and I feel great!  Now for a week long vacation at the beach house at the Jersey shore to celebrate!

So far, vacation has been amazing.  I got 11 hours of sleep last night, woke up to the smell of salt water and the sound of rain on the roof.  Doesn't get much better than that!  My agenda for the day:
  • Go for a short run on the beach and try and convince my body that it should be running the marathon next weekend (right now, I'm not sure ... I want to switch to the half marathon!)
  • Go to a BBQ with old swim team friends!
Yay vacation! :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello,
Sounds like the orals went well, have a great vacation! You deserve it! Call when you get back home!
Love Ya!
John

Cara Marie said...

Thanks John! :)

Will definitely call you when I get back!