Can we say "nervous"?!?!
Since this is really my "practice" run for the National Marathon next month, I'm trying to think of this as Ken put it - it's really only a 3 mile warm-up, a 20 mile run, and then a 3 mile cool-down (with a nice mile uphill at mile 25). Or it's a 20 mile run with a 10K cooldown. Or it's a 26.2 mile run ... Ok, I'm nervous again.
I'm taking a little consolation in the thought that I've swum further than 26.2 miles ... 16 times :) How bad can this be? (The answer to that question will follow on Sunday!)
5 comments:
STOP WHIMPERING!
Or I'll invite a certain lab asst. to come out and help you. Or man an aid station.
Then you can justifiably moan and sob.
Otherwise, suck it up and get it done.
CM you are going to do fine, you have already done the work getting ready, now is all gravy!
Girl you are so prepared it's gonna fly by in no time. And it is *just* a training run. Have a great time!
Thanks guys! :) You were right - it was all ok!
(Well, except for the BIG hill at mile 25 ... where it wasn't ok, haha).
Hey, it was all good, including the big hill at mile 25. (Well, maybe not quite "all good" if you remember my attempted rendition of the classic song "Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road".)
Fabulous first marathon, CM --- congrats! - ^z
Post a Comment