Wednesday, March 3, 2010

2010 RRCA 10 miler

After weeks of not being able to see the sidewalks, a week or warming has made them visible again! It's a relatively warm day compared to what we've seen lately, and as usual, I head out the door about 10 minutes late. I pick up Ken and Mark, and we head up to Columbia. After registering and hanging out a bit, we head outside. It's cold and I'm dressed in long sleeves and tights (not the magic tights, Mark, but they're still tights!). Yet no matter how cold it feels, I'm thrilled to be outside and seeing the sidewalks again. I can count on 1 hand the total number of outdoor runs I did in the month of February because of the Snowpocalypse.

The course is a challenging one - I would call it "rolling" with periods of "significant hills". Hmm... I think I've been listening to too many weather reports lately (snow, with periods of significant snow, haha). But seriously, there wasn't a part of the course that was significantly harder than any other. I was tired by ~ mile 6, but I chalk that up to this 10 miler being the longest run I've done in 3 months!

The splits:
(1) 8:36 Ooppss...I was trying to chase Mark
(2) 9:06 Ahh, that's better!
(3) 9:14
(4) 9:17 Settling in now ...
(5) 9:18 Halfway split - 45:32
(6) 9:33
(7) 9:25
(8) 9:29
(9) 9:22
(10) 9:18 2nd half split - 47:08
Total time: 1:32:49

All in all, I was very happy with that run! I ran faster than I thought, and I was pretty consistent throughout the race, and when I finished I wasn't dead :)

Congrats to Mark (1:19) and Ken (1:30) and Wayne (1:32), who also ran great races!



1 comment:

zhurnaly said...

Haven't seen you for a while, CM --- hope all's well!