With all of this snow and subsequent ice, I've learned some major self-discipline. Rather than not running, which would have been my MO the past few years, I've been treadmilling. And treadmilling is a major struggle for me. I have to be reading a tantalizingly good book, listening to music, and constantly varying speed and intensity to not get bored. And actually, I still get bored. There's something about staring at that little red dot for miles and miles that drives you a little stir-crazy. But my new method of reading, ipoding and constantly hitting the "speed up" and "speed down" buttons has proven itself. I've made through more treadmill workouts in the past 3 weeks than I have the entire 3 years that I've been running.
While treadmilling is a great filler while the weather is terrible and the roads are icy, I have to ask ...
Where art thou, O sidewalks? I miss your presence in my life!
5 comments:
Lets just hope we are done with the snow and ice! I know I'm sick of it! Just keep thinking Spring, Spring, and your sidewalks will reappear just like magic.
I know, I know ... spring will be here soon. I just miss my sidewalks! They're something I've taken for granted the past few years, LOL.
my indoor exercise secret: ultra-trashy movie on the DVD! (^_^)
Hmm....
Noted - ultra trashy movies!
Hope your sidewalks appear soon, we are still chilly but nothing like you have.
Mare
Post a Comment