Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Angel versus Devil


There's some truth in some of those old comic strips, where a man making a decision between "good" and "bad" is shown as having an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other shoulder.  Sometimes we really do have a battle between "good" and "evil" in our heads.

I only bring this up today because as I was just struggling to come up with a blog post, the "angel" on my shoulder was saying  "Go to bed and do this tomorrow".  And the "devil" on my shoulder was saying "Find a topic, write, and post, post, post." 

Hmmm... Since I'm posting tonight and not tomorrow moring, you can see which one won the battle! :P

I also have a "go for a run" devil and a "stay home and rest" angel.  Does anyone else have any of these little battles with themselves? 



 

2 comments:

zhurnaly said...

yes, we've all got the same pair of creatures whispering to ourselves --- but sometimes I think they trade sides (esp. when there's an injury and the devil is the one saying "Go for a run!" while the angel counsels rest & recovery) ...

Of course, devils are actually angels (albeit fallen ones), no?!

And btw, meta-posts probably shouldn't count as "real" posts to one's journal --- otherwise it's too easy. Many years ago when homeschooling the kids Paulette and I would ask them to "write a page about ANYTHING" --- but we soon learned to exclude meta-topics ...

Cara Marie said...

LOL, i think my angel and devil switch places as well. But usually my devil is telling me to run, and my angel is telling me to knock it off and rest. haha

:)